Here we encounter another error that many people face while launching the Stream library, the error may appear after launching any game in stream library. We can see at many different solution that user can do to for not getting this type of problem.
However, we have enlisted different types of solutions here that can work for you by gathering the methods from a different type of people, which can help you to solve your problem.
What Causes Unable to Initialize Stream API?
The error can happen because of the game that you are trying to run or because you are installing the game from a third-party site. However, we have enlisted the most common problem that people face, so make sure you check it out below :
- Your firewall may be blocking the game and causing the error
- Stream beta clients are known to have caused this issue, so it is best to stay with the regular public client.
- Maybe you are stopping it from running because the game contains some errors.
Solution 1: Make an Exception for the Game Executable in your Firewall
This is the most straightforward method of all to solve your problem because this is the most common method that people can face while running the game.If you have the third-party firewall active or Windows Defender Firewall is turned on, it might be blocking you game from executing from connecting to the internet properly.
So if you are using it, follow the simple steps that are listed here to deal with the problem that you face the simple steps that you can follow are listed below :
- Open the Control Panel by typing it in the search bar or by navigating in the start button.
- After Opening the Control Panel, search for the Windows Firewall Option And click on it.
- After that, click on the Allow AND App or Feature Windows Firewall options from the left side of the list. Locate the problematic game entry on the list and check the boxes next to both Private and Public networks.
- Click on apply changes, and after that, restart your computer before re-launching the game from the stream and check whether you are facing the problem after that or not.
If you are facing the same problem after applying the solution, try some other solution that we have enlisted here.
Solution 2: Opt out of Stream Beta and restart Stream
The stream beta clients are the leading cause of this type of problem. Stream beta clients receive the updates before everyone they agree to test out a new feature that might be unfinished or contain some errors, and it can stop your game from being running.
Even if you opt-out from stream beta client service, there are slight a chance you still face the issue, so you need to follow some simple steps to fix the problem.
- Ope your stream on your computer by double-clicking on the icon or searching for the stream in the start menu and select the first available result.
- Click on the Stream option at the menu at the top of the client screen and choose the Settings window in the Account tab and click the change button under the beta participation section.
- Now click to open the drop-down menu. Choose to change to opt-out of beta program participation and apply the changes that you have made.
- Click at the top left corner of the stream window and choose Exit to exit from the stream and apply the changes(don’t just click on the x button on the top right corner if you do so you exit from the stream without making any changes in the stream).
- Now you have to kill all the stream process that are running the background to do so right-click on the toolbar of Windows, now click on task Manager, and then click on to show background process and navigate to see the streaming process that are running click on it and end its task.
- After doing the above steps, you need to see whether you still facing the problem or not to do so launch the game from the stream.
Note: If you still face the problem after following the above steps you can try to run the stream as an administrator
Solution 3: Disable Auto-Containment on Comodo Internet Security
If you are using Comodo antivirus on your computer, you might note that some programs might be blocked completely using its Auto-Containment options, which is activated automatically.
You should disable this option to solve the problem immediately.
- Open the Comodo Internet Security user interface by double-clicking its icon on the Desktop.
- Open the Setting window by clicking the Settings button from the home screen and make sure you navigate to the Containment tab. Under this tab, you should be able to click the Auto-Containment sub-section.
- After that, you will see the checkbox at the top of the window, saying Enable Auto-Containment. Uncheck it to stop using this feature.
- After confirming the changes, re-launch the game from the stream and check whether you still facing the issue or not.
Solution 4: Re-install Stream
Re-installing the stream may be the least popular method for solving this problem, but might can be helpful, and many user finds it the last suitable method for solving the problem.
For re-installing the stream, you need to follow some steps that are listed below:
- Search for the Stream by typing it in the search bar and right-click on the best match result and then click on uninstall, or you can also open the control panel and click on uninstall the program and then navigate and search for stream and then uninstall it.
- After uninstalling the stream, re-install it by clicking on its setup and follow the installation process.
- After the successful installation of the stream, try to run the game from the stream and check whether it is running correctly or not.
Note: Before re-installing the Steam, please make sure you have backed up your game installations and save it at some save location.